I am a Ph.D. candidate in the Electrical Engineering and Computer Science Department at MIT. I am fortunate to work with Professor Asuman Ozdaglar and Professor Daron Acemoglu. My research interests lie in the span of machine learning theory, statistics, data market and privacy, game theory, and optimization. In particular, I work toward understanding different aspects and challenges in deploying machine learning algorithms, from convergence and performance guarantees to their interactions with strategic users and potential societal considerations.
I spent summer 2020 as a research intern at Apple ML Privacy team. Before coming to MIT, I earned a dual B.Sc. degree in Electrical Engineering and Mathematics from Sharif University of Technology.
I will be on 2022-2023 academic job market!
My presentations at 2022 INFORMS Annual Meeting: - Privacy Costs Of Strategic Data Sharing: Implications Of Shuffling Session ME68: Data, Society, and Algorithms Monday October 17, 5:00-6:15 PM. - Optimal And Differentially Private Data Acquisition: Central And Local Mechanisms Session TA65: Economics and Computation I [For EC accepted papers] Tuesday October 18, 8:00-9:15 AM.
- September 2022: Our paper on Bridging Central and Local Differential Privacy in Data Acquisition Mechanisms just got accepted to NeurIPS 2022!
- July 2022: Our paper on robust accelerated gradient methods for distributed optimization is accepted for publication in the Journal of Machine Learning Research (JMLR)!
- July 2022: Presented our work on differentially private data acquisition at two more workshops:
- ICML workshop on Theory and Practice of Differential Privacy (TPDP), Baltimore, USA.
- The workshop on Differential Privacy and Statistical Data Analysis, The Fields Institute for Research in Mathematical Sciences, University of Toronto.
- July 2022: Attended the Economics and Computation (EC’22) conference in Boulder, Colorado, to present our accepted paper on differentially private data acquisition which will appear as an extended abstract.
- June 2022: Received a minor revision decision from the Operations Research journal for our paper titled “Optimal and Differentially Private Data Acquisition: Central and Local Mechanisms”.
- June 2022: Presented our work on differentially private data acquisition at the INFORMS Revenue Management and Pricing (RM&P) Section Conference & Manufacturing and Service Operations Management Conference (MSOM).